RSS Amplifier

Blog

Vintage Portland

vintageportland.wordpress.comSource feed ↗11 posts

Live Last read · last published · next check

Latest posts

Moving Oaks Pioneer Church, 1961

St John’s Episcopal Church was built in 1851 near the small town of Milwaukie. After falling into disrepair, the church was moved in 1961 to its current Sellwood location. Click here to view the image on Efiles.

Lincoln Park Foods deli counter, 1953

Deli counter inside Lincoln Park Foods, with store employees standing behind the counter. To view this image in Efiles, click here.

Willamette River, 1935

Salmon fishing in the Willamette River, 1935. This photograph was originally posted in November 2017. vintageportland.wordpress.com/2017/11/09/willamette-river-circa-1935/ View this image in Efiles (efiles.portlandoregon.gov/record/2725167).

Rask Brother’s Thriftway, 1964

Located on SE 52nd Ave near SE Holgate Blvd. Thornburg Grocery is also pictured to the right. Click here to view the image on Efiles.

Underwater diver, 1953

Underwater diver getting dressed in a suit, preparing to enter the water. To view this image in Efiles, click here.

NE Broadway, circa 1929

A MacMarr Store at 2308 NE Broadway, circa 1929. View in Efiles (efiles.portlandoregon.gov/record/3731291/File/Document).

Centennial Mills, 1965

In 1965, a ship full of grain crashed into a large portion of the Centennial Mills dock. Damages were estimated at $100,000 at the time. Another photo from this series was featured on Vintage Portland in 2015. Click here to … Continue reading →

Logus block on SE Grand Ave, circa 1981

Logus Block at 523 – 535 SE Grand Ave. To view this image in Efiles, click here.

Harbor Directory, 1965

The Commission of Public Docks harbor directory, 1965. View in Efiles here (efiles.portlandoregon.gov/record/17518338).

Waterskiing along Willamette Park, 1981

Multiple people waterskiing along Willamette Park, with other Portlanders looking on from their boats. To view this image in Efiles, click here.

Willamette River, 1933

Titania docking on the Willamette River, 1933. View this in Efiles here (https://efiles.portlandoregon.gov/record/3897046).