Perez Hilton is reportedly desperate to see the livestream that shocked viewers, but his family is making sure he cannot watch it while he recovers in a Florida hospital. The 48-year-old celebrity blogger remains hospitalized nearly two weeks after a severe mental health crisis unfolded during a TikTok livestream from his Miami home. According to someone close to Hilton, the incident has left him deeply embarrassed, but his family believes seeing the viral footage now could worsen his condition.
Hilton reportedly has no access to his phone, the internet or other electronic devices while receiving inpatient care. A longtime source told the Daily Mail that Perez Hilton has been asking what happened during the broadcast and how people reacted, but has not been able to see the recording himself. "As I understand it, he is mortified. He wants to watch it to see what everybody else saw, but his family knows that would be really bad right now," the insider said.
An Update On Perez And https://t.co/pbJKYh7pby https://t.co/v5Xtmfu42X ➡️
— Perez Hilton (@PerezHilton) August 17, 2026
The source reportedly added, "The family is now protecting him from himself. He doesn't need to see the lowest point of his life, especially not this soon afterwards." Hilton was hospitalized on August 4 following the livestream, during which he appeared to harm himself. His family later said he suffered significant blood loss and additional injuries that required surgery.
Hilton remains hospitalized
In a statement posted on Hilton’s website on August 17, his family confirmed that he remains in inpatient medical care: "At this time, Perez remains hospitalized and is receiving the medical care he needs. His treatment is continuing in an inpatient setting under the care of a dedicated team of medical and mental health professionals." Authorities previously treated Hilton for multiple lacerations and an overdose before he was taken to the hospital. He was placed under Florida’s Baker Act, which permits temporary involuntary psychiatric hospitalization when someone is considered a danger to themselves or others.
A Personal Statement From Perez Hilton’s Sister https://t.co/q17biErM5f ➡️
— Perez Hilton (@PerezHilton) August 13, 2026
Hilton’s sister, Barbara Lavandeira, was among the family members who responded during the crisis. "What I can say with certainty is that I didn't recognize my brother when I looked at him. I saw it in his eyes," she said. Authorities were contacted after she found Hilton at his home. Hilton’s three children were also present nearby and were taken away from the property as the situation escalated. His mother later sought temporary custody of the children, with her attorney saying the family’s priority was to protect them and ensure their safety.
His TikTok account was subsequently banned following the livestream.

Comments
Nothing yet. Say the first thing.
Sign in to join the conversation.